WHY DO WE NEED A NEW WAY TO TEACH MUSIC?
IT’S A NEW WORLD: Students learn differently today. As teachers, we instinctively believe the learning curve is all about “how.” But with our young musicians in mind, it’s just as much about “why.” PlayTheGroove uses an accessible new repertoire and solid educational principles to create fun, exciting, relevant musical experiences that reach students where they learn now.
- Students learn differently today. They embrace technology, want to lead, and learn from leading.
- Students have a wide range of musical interests,knowledge, and playing experience.
- Young musicians want to engage with current music by living artists.
- 21st Century learning objectives (standards) in education have changed.
- Teaching situations have been radically disrupted. We need new content and methods that work in remote, blended/hybrid, and in-class scenarios.
- New educational thought encourages us to use digital tools for creating music, including improvisation, arranging, composition, and more.
- Our teaching tools must be Easy, Functional and Fun.
WHY CHOOSE PLAYTHEGROOVE?
Minding the Challenges and Impact
At PlayTheGroove, we strive for the highest standards of educational efficiencies that address the needs of both teachers and aspiring musicians.
This is addressed head on as PlayTheGroove works in a myriad of teaching scenarios including remote, blended/hybrid, and in-class situations, as well as with groups of mixed skill levels and mixed and incomplete instrumentations.
Creating music authentically simply needs to reflect the heart and passions of the creators.